“Once Upon A Dream”
Mini Movers Recital
Saturday, June 18th
Performer Call Time: 10:30am
Show Time: 11am
“All You Need is Love”
Jumpstart, Jr. & Teen Recital
Saturday, June 18th
Performer Call Time: 1pm
Show Time: 2pm
Both shows will be held at Fredericksburg Academy, 10800 Academy Drive, Fredericksburg, Va 22408
Deadline to order recital t-shirts is Thursday, May 11th. Orders can be placed at the front desk. Sizes run from child xs to adult 4x. All t-shirt must be paid for at the time the order is placed.
Tickets for both “Once Upon A Dream” and “All You Need is Love” are now on sale. Tickets can be purchased online at TutuTix.com until June 16th. TutuTix.com allows you to print tickets at home, use your smart phone to redeem your tickets or have a paper keepsake ticket sent to you in the mail that is customized with your child’s name on it. Tickets will not be sold at the studio for this performance.
Online Ticket Prices:
Child (Ages 3-10) $5
Tickets can also be purchased at the theater, but are subject to availability.
At the door Ticket Prices:
Child (ages 3-10)$10
All infants and toddlers up to age 2 who are sitting in a lap are free. Only cash or check will be accepted at the theater.
This year we will not be providing a professional video of the recital. You are welcome to use your own cameras to take video however we kindly ask the following:
Once Upon A Dream Dress Rehearsal
All Mini Movers will be having their dress rehearsal during their normal class time the week prior to the recital. For this reason, students will not be permitted to make up classes during this week. If you have any make up classes we kindly ask you to be sure to use them before June 9th.
Ballet/Tap Classes: Come to class in costume with footed pink tights. Hair should be in a bun. Short hair should be pinned back, out of face.
Hip Hop Classes: Come to class in costume with footed tan tights and tennis shoes. For all Hip Hop classes hair should be pulled up out of the dancers face.
Makeup is optional, but here is our age appropriate suggestions:
All You Need is Love Dress Rehearsal
Friday, June 17th
2-5:30 pmFredericksburg Academy 10800 Academy Dr, Fredericksburg, VA 22408
Please mark your calendars. If your child is in our Junior or Teen classes, they are required to attend our “All You Need is Love” dress rehearsal on Friday, June 17th from 2 to 5:30 pm. Jumpstart students do not attend this rehearsal even though they will be participating in this show.
“Once Upon A Dream” Day-of Recital Performer/Parent Instructions
Mini Movers 2 & 3 Hip Hop – Teacher: Destinei Stowe
Mini Movers 1 Combo (Mon. PM) – Teacher: Sian Packard
Mini Movers 1 Combo (Tue. AM) – Teacher: Sian Packard
Mini Movers 2 Combo (Mon. PM) – Teacher: Sian Packard
Movers 2 Combo (Tue.AM) – Teacher: Sian Packard
Movers 2 Combo (Wed.AM.) – Teacher: Sian Packard
Movers 3 Combo (Tue. AM & PM.) – Teacher: Sian Packard
Mini Movers 3 Combo (Wed. AM & PM.) – Teacher: Sian Packard
“All You Need is Love” Day-Of Recital Performer/Parent Instructions
1.Call Time: 1 pm. Please arrive 1 hour prior to the show time. Enter through the main doors of the Arts and Sciences building. One parent or guardian, and the dancer should proceed to the check-in table. Jump Start check-in is on the main floor. All other students go upstairs.
2.Check-in: Check-in will be alphabetical by last name. No one will be admitted behind the check-in table unless they are a dancer in costume, or a staff member. Parents will not be allowed visitation to the dressing rooms during the show or at intermission. Also, dancers must remain in the dressing rooms during the ENTIRE show and at intermission. The only students who will be permitted to leave early are those whose parents have set up prior arrangements with us. If you have an exceptional circumstance in which you need to take your child before the show is over please email Melissa Cook at Melissa@ArtistryDanceCenter.com prior to June 15th and explain what your special needs are for your child. We ask that you leave a cell phone # so we may text you if, for any reason, we feel your presence with your child is needed.
3.Hair, Make up & Costumes: All dancers should arrive with hair and make-up done. Make up can be applied at the parent’s discretion. We do not have any guidelines for our students in regards to make up. We understand that each parent may have differing comfort levels regarding how much or what type of make up should be worn by their children. While we respect that decision and will leave that up to, you may want to keep in mind that this show will use theatrical stage lighting and your children may appear different in photo or video due to the lighting. Hair should be worn in a low bun with a part on the child’s right side of the head. All students should have the same hair. Yes… even Hip Hop and students who are not in Ballet. Dancers should also arrive in their first costume with a cover up worn over. Bring all other costumes and accessories on a hanger in a garment bag, and have all personal belongings clearly marked with their name. Be sure to take all costumes home with you after the show. You will be turning them in during class the following week.
4.Required Supplies & Organization: Please bring all personal belongings in an identifiable personal bag with your child’s name on it. Please also make sure ALL of your child’s personal belongings (shoes, tights leotards and such) have their name marked on them. DO NOT write your name inside any items that are rented from the studio. If your student has a costume change you will also need to bring a laundry basket with your child’s name marked on it. You will receive all of your child’s costumes and belongings in this basket after the show. All students with a costume change MUST wear a nude leotard with clear adjustable straps under their tights. Any child with a costume change that does not have on a nude leotard UNDER their tights will not be permitted in the dressing room. This is their undergarment. Therefore, please do not have your student wear underwear under their nude leotard. This is to help all students stay modest and safe in the dressing area. All Ballet classes need to wear pink footed tights for their performance. All Acro classes need to wear tan convertible tights. All other classes need to wear tan footed or convertible tights that are worn over the foot. If your child is in Jumpstart, please layer your child’s tights on their body in order of performance. Example: If your child is in Ballet/Tap Combo and Ballet is the first performance for your child in the running order of the show, you would dress your child at home with their nude leotard on first, tan tights second and pink tights on third. This will greatly help us keep track of your child’s belongings in the dressing room and provide a quicker costume change. All students MUST have the appropriate footwear for the show that is outlined in our dress code.
5.Phones: If anyone must exit the theater during the show, please do so between numbers. Please silence, or place all cell phones on vibrate during the performance.
6.Performer Check-Out: At the end of the show we ask that one parent go to the check-out table to pick up their child. Children will not be released to parents directly from the stage. Please do not go backstage! For safety reasons, students age 10 and under will not be allowed to check out without a parent. Students will not be allowed to leave the theater without a parent unless they drove themselves, are over 18, or have made prior arrangements with us to leave the premises with a designated person. Please respect our safety procedures!
7.Photos: For the safety of the dancers, we request no flash photography during the performance. Please respect other’s view if you take non-flash photography during the performance. Please take pictures from your seat. Do not stand in the aisles or walk to the front of the theater to take pictures
8.Video: You may also videotape the Winter Showcase from your seat. We ask that you not set up a tri-pod of move from your seat to videotape.
9.Account Balance: All outstanding tuition and fees must be paid before the day of the show or your child will not be allowed to perform.
10. Your enjoyment, the student’s safety and happiness are our primary concerns. Please email us with questions to clarify any of our requests. We welcome your comments and feedback to help us help you and your dancers have a wonderful show.
All students with an outstanding balance will not be permitted to participate in the recital. Please be sure your account is brought up to date before June 10th.
1. Joy – Teacher: Melissa Cook — Jumpstart Company
2. Must Have Been Love – Teacher: Jamie Wilson — Teen Contemporary
3. That’s How You Know – Teacher: Philip Baraoidan — Red Jr. Jazz
4. Dreams Are Flowers –Teacher: Jennifer Bondgren — Jumpstart 1&2 Ballet/Tap Combo (Mon.)– Ballet Routine
5. How Deep Is Your Love – Teacher: Destinei Stowe — Jumpstart K-2 Hip Hop (Mon.)
6. Shape of My Heart – Teacher: Kristi Tichenor — Pre-Pointe/Pointe
7. You Are the Best – Teacher: Jamie Wilson — Red Junior Tap
8. Romeo and Juliet – Teacher: Kristi Tichenor — Teen Blue Ballet
9. Not About Angels – Teacher: Melissa Cook – Jumpstart Company
10. Can’t Help Falling in Love – Teacher: Kristi Tichenor — Red Teen Ballet
11. You’ll Be in My Heart – Teacher: Sian Packard — Jumpstart K Ballet/Tap Combo (Tue.)– Ballet Routine
12. Flower – Teacher: Jamie Wilson — Jr. Red Contemporary
13. I See the Light – Teacher: Melissa Cook — Jumpstart 1-2 Ballet/Tap Combo (Tues.)– Ballet Routine
14. 7/11 – Teacher: Destinei Stowe—Teen Company
15. So This is Love – Teacher: Jennifer Bondgren — Jumpstart K-2 Ballet/Tap (Wed.)– Ballet Routine
16. How Deep Is Your Love – Teacher: Philip Baraoidan — Jumpstart K-2 Acro
17. I Was Made for Loving You – Teacher: Philip Baraoidan — Jr. Acro
18. Stuck On You – Teacher: Philip Baraoidan — Teen Acro
19. Dance of the Knights – Teacher: Kristi Tichenor — Jr. Blue Ballet
20. See You Again – Teacher: Melissa Cook – Jr. Company
21. My Skin – Teacher: Melissa Cook – Teen Company
22. Walking on Sunshine – Teacher: Melissa Cook — Jumpstart K-2 Jazz (Tue.)
23. Uptown Girl – Teacher: Melissa Cook — Jumpstart Ballet/Tap Combo (Thur.)– Tap Routine
24. Hide Away – Teacher: Destinei Stowe — Jr. Hip Hop
25. Living For Love – Teacher: Philip Baraoidan — Red Teen Jazz
***Intermission / Break***
26. Gimme All Your Lovin’ – Teacher: Sian Packard – All Highland Classes
27. Hallelujah, I Just Love Him So – Teacher: Jennifer Bondgren — Jumpstart 1&2 Ballet/Tap Combo (Mon)– Tap Routine
28. Heart of Stone – Teacher: Blayne Stine – Teen Company
29. Lollipop – Teacher: Jennifer Bondgren — Jumpstart K-2 Ballet/Tap (Wed.)– Tap Routine
30. We Found Love – Teacher: Melissa Cook — Jumpstart 1-2 Jazz (Thur.)
31. Hallelujah – Teacher: Kristi Tichenor — Red Jr. Ballet
32. Crazy in Love – Teacher: Destinei Stowe — Blue & Red Teen Hip Hop
33. Book of Love – Teacher: Jennifer Bondgren — Jumpstart K-2 Jazz (Wed.)
34. Cheetah Sisters –Teacher: Destinei Stowe — Jumpstart K-2 Hip Hop (Tue.)
35. I Wanna Dance With Somebody – Teacher: Melissa Cook – Jr. Company
36. I Got Rythmn –Teacher: Jennifer Bondgren — Red Teen Tap
37. Love – Teacher: Melissa Cook — Jumpstart Ballet/Tap Combo (Thur.)– Ballet Routine
38. Shake Your Love – Teacher: Philip Baraoidan — Blue Jr. & Teen Jazz
39. I Woke Up Like This – Teacher: Destinei Stowe – Jr. Company
40. Breath of Life – Teacher: Blayne Stine – Teen Company
41. What Lola Wants – Teacher: Cori Briggs – Teen Company
42. Orange Colored Sky – Teacher: Sian Packard — Jumpstart K Ballet/Tap Combo (Tue.)– Tap Routine
43. L-O-V-E – Teacher: Melissa Cook — Jumpstart 1-2 Ballet/Tap Combo (Tues.)– Tap Routine
44. Jet Set – Teacher: Cori Briggs – Jumpstart, Jr. & Teen Company